If you follow me on Instagram, then you’ve likely already seen this photo and watched my IGTV video detailing how to make these fun barrettes. But in case you haven’t….. I’ve got a quick tutorial for you today to show you how!
(And if you’re interested in how I made my “pixelated” (perler bead) crown and glasses, you can find the quick how-to HERE.
Here are the supplies you will need:
E6000 Glue (I used the kind for jewelry but I think they all work)
perler beads (duh) (and the dotty grid they come with!)
(All of these items can be found in My Amazon (affiliate) Shop HERE!
- Lay the beads out in 3 rows. The length will be determined by the length of your hair clips (you want the beads to be just slightly longer than the clip, maybe on bead row longer). If you need to switch colors out that are in the middle of the already-placed beads, just use tweezers!
- Place the parchment paper on top of the beads and iron at the hottest setting until you can see they’ve melted together.
You want them to be at least this melted!
3. Carefully lift them off of the grid, keeping them attached to the paper and flip over to see the un-melted side.
4. Fold the paper over the this side so that it can also be ironed.
Now both sides should look something like this, and be flattened down to about half their original size.
5. Lastly, you will put a thin amount of the E6000 glue across the clip and place it on the still-warm perler beads allowing them to cool and dry overnight. VOILA!
Now your head can be adorned with some fun pixelated hair clips!!!
Remember I also have a video HERE!
…..and Supplies HERE!
And have you checked out my RAINBOW Collection on Spoonflower yet? You can see what people are sewing with my fabric on Instagram via the hashtag: #katiekortmanfabric